- Herbs Seeds, - Medicinal Seeds, All Seeds
Coriander can be grown from leaves and it requires a frost-free climate. Even extreme heat will prevent the plant from growing. The best is to grow Cilantro from its seeds and plant during summer when the climate is mild and during tropical climates cool dry season is recommended.SKU: SOH5487FB8/44
Fragrant, vine-ripened, sweet, sun-warmed tomatoes are satisfying. Easy to start with seeds and remarkably productive these can be grown in your backyard.
- How To Grow Tomato From Seeds:
- Introduction and Uses: Tomato is a super vegetable with a powerhouse of nutritional benefits.
- Botanical Name: Solanum Lycopersicum
- Sowing Season: Throughout the year
- Sowing method: Transplantation, because the seeds are small, the Tomato plant is grown by the transplantation method. Seeds are first sown indoors in seedling trays or outdoors on seedbeds. Later the seedlings are transplanted into containers or in raised beds.
- First harvest: 10 to 12 weeks
- Growing container: Seedling trays/ seed cups
- Growing medium: Coco Peat (Indoors)
STEPS FOR SEED SOWING (SEED STARTING) IN A CONTAINER:
- Take a seedling tray with medium-sized cells & drainage holes at the bottom.
- Fill the cells/cups with a moist coco-peat medium.
- Hold the tomato seeds on your left palm & sow 2-3 seeds per cell/cup. Since Tomato seeds are small, avoid sowing them very deeply.
- Place the seeds on the surface of the medium & push each seed a little inside the medium by using pencil tip, so that seeds are not visible on the surface anymore & cover it with more coco-peat.
- Or make small, shallow depressions on medium with pencil bottom. Put the seed in that depression & sprinkle more coco-peat on the top to cover the seed.
- Keep the seedling tray indoors till the seeds germinate.
Covering: Keep the seed tray in a box or cover it with paper for the first 4-5 days to encourage faster seed germination.
- Water the seed cells with a spoon in the first week. Provide 2 tablespoons of water every day.
- Or keep the seedling tray in another tray full of water for half an hour, so that water will seed cells will absorb the water from the bottom, via drainage holes.
- If the seedbeds are made outdoors, protect them from heavy rain or direct sunlight. Use well sieved fine soil as a sowing medium & make a nice raised bed from it. Cover the bed by making a temporary roof of the plastic sheet. Water it in the form of a light shower by watering can.
GROWTH STAGES OF TOMATO PLANT:
- Sprouting Stage: Seeds will germinate within the first 6-8 days or so & tiny sprouts will be visible. Once seeds germinate, put the tray in an open partially sunny spot near the window. Don’t cover the tray anymore.
- Cotyledons: The early two leaves will emerge from the second week of germination. These are false leaves called cotyledons.
- First leaves: First leaves will emerge above cotyledons at the end of the second week. These are the tomato’s original compound leaves.
- Seedling stage: Second week onwards, seedlings will start growing into a small plant. At this stage exposé the seedlings to more & more sunlight for leaf growth.
- Thinning: After the second week, keep only a single seedling per cell/cup. Cut off the weak, small & lagging seedlings with a pair of scissors.
- Four weeks after the seed sowing, your seedlings will be ready to transplant in container pots or raised beds.
- Ideal planting mixture for tomato: 2 part garden soil & 1 part organic manure.
- Or 1 part garden soil, 1 part coco peat & 1 part Vermicompost.
- Transplant the seedling along with root ball of a medium, without disturbing its roots. Unlike other plants, Tomato seedlings can be transplanted deeper into the soil, so that little portion of the lower stem & leaves can be buried inside. This encourages more root formation.
Spacing: Plant the seedlings minimum 2 feet apart (60×60 or 60×45 cm) from each other on raised beds. Plant only a single seedling at the center of a single regular 8-12 inch pot.
HOW TO TAKE CARE FOR TOMATO PLANT:
- Sunlight: Make sure that tomato plants get proper sunlight
- Top Dressing: When your vegetable plants are more than 45 days old, Provide 1 tablespoon of 15:15:15 (NPK) Fertilizer per plant
- Plant care: Always look for the early signs of any insect/fungal/ any other infections. Spray appropriate medicines as soon as any symptoms of such diseases are spotted.
- Trellis: Tomato is a weak trailing plant that requires the support of a trellis, particularly at the fruiting stage. Use locally available material like bamboo, wood sticks, wires, tapes, ropes to make trellis of your own. Read about trellis support ideas.
- Pinching: Pinch off the unwanted extra side suckers (shoot buds) that develop on the main stems & keep the number of growing branches limited for better yield & bigger tomatoes. Also, pinch off any diseased leaves & branches immediately.
- Harvesting: Tomato plant will start flowering at the end of 3rd month. Tomatoes can be harvested three months from the sowing of seeds & the harvesting season can continue for the next three months or more.
|Selling Brand||Shop of Hydroponics|
|Country of Origin||India|
|Date First Available||20 August 2020|
|Dispatched in||24 Hours|
COVID-19 E-COMMERCE DELIVERY GUIDELINES
10 Days Returnable
Based on 0 reviews
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
- Image is for reference only. Product may vary in shape or appearance based on packing, light conditions, etc.
- Product Color May Slightly Vary Due To Photographic Lighting Sources Or Your Monitor Settings.
- For External Use Only. Non-edible
- Keep Away from children.
- Keep in a cool and shaded area with normal room temperature.
You may also like…
- Exotic Seeds, - Vegetables Seeds, All Seeds
Chinese Cabbage Seeds
Chinese cabbage is incredibly low in calories and many antioxidant plant compounds including carotenes. It includes a very good level of Vitamin C, moderate level of Vitamin K, and a small level of Vitamin A. It is also a natural source of electrolytes and minerals like calcium, phosphorus, potassium, manganese, iron, and magnesium.SKU: SOH5487FB8/24
- Vegetables Seeds, All Seeds
Green Chilli Seeds
Green chillies can be grown anywhere but require a warm tropical climate. Best is to keep the plants indoors or in a greenhouse. Plants can grow up to 60 cm in height and features a unique chemical compound that keeps it away from pest.SKU: SOH5487FB8/06
- Exotic Seeds, - Herbs Seeds, - Medicinal Seeds, All Seeds
Mustard Leaves Seeds
Full of peppery, delicious flavor, minimal calories, Mustard greens are the lightweight champs of superfoods! They are packed with vitamins, fiber, minerals, and phytonutrients. The slimming calorie count in these leafy greens makes them one of the most nutrient-dense foods on the planet.SKU: SOH5487FB8/13