- Vegetables Seeds, All Seeds
Cabbage is packed with multiple health benefits including treatment for constipation, stomach ulcers, eye disorders, arthritis, heart diseases, and Alzheimer’s disease. This cool-season vegetable requires fertilizers before planting and sunny sites. Read more on Growing Cabbages – A green delight for your garden.SKU: 5487FB8/38
- Vegetables Seeds, All Seeds
Brinjal Banarshi Giant Seeds
It is a round purple vegetable that is used for preparing various dishes. It is a hardy crop that can be cultivated under a wide variety of soil. Only well-drained fertile soil is the requirement. Read more on How to grow Brinjal.SKU: SOH5487FB8/02
- Herbs Seeds, - Medicinal Seeds, All Seeds
Mint Seeds (Pudina)
Mint belongs to the Lamiaceae family. It is exclusively perennial. Hugely popular, it is known to cure digestion, fatigue, asthma, skin care problems, and headache. It is also used as a mouth freshener in chewing gums, candies, inhalers, and toothpaste.SKU: SOH5487FB8/35
Cabbage is packed with multiple health benefits including treatment for constipation, stomach ulcers, eye disorders, arthritis, heart diseases, and Alzheimer’s disease. This cool-season vegetable requires fertilizers before planting and sunny sites. Read more on Growing Cabbages – A green delight for your garden.
+FREE SHIPPING | Inclusive of all taxes
Guaranteed Lowest Price
Cabbage is packed with multiple health benefits including treatment for constipation, stomach ulcers, eye disorders, arthritis, heart diseases, and Alzheimer’s disease. This cool-season vegetable requires fertilizers before planting and sunny sites. Read more on Growing Cabbages – A green delight for your garden
How To Grow Cabbage From Seeds:
- Introduction and Uses: Cabbage is a power food that is savoured for ages. In ancient times, people declared this veggie to have moon power as it grew in the moonlight. But actually, its power comes from Vitamin C and Sulphur. It is known as brain food and is ideal for weight loss, detoxification, lowering blood pressure, relieving headaches, and reduce hangover.
- Botanical Name: Brassica oleracea var. capitata
- Sowing Season: Throughout the year. Best grown in winter.
- Sowing method: Transplantation.
Because the seeds are small in size, the Cabbage plant is grown by the transplantation method. Seeds are first sown indoors in seedling trays or outdoors on seedbeds & later the seedlings are transplanted into the hydroponic system (NFT)
- Growing container: Seedling trays/ seed cups/ small polybags/Seedbeds.
- Growing medium: Coco Peat, Oasis Cubes (indoors)
STEPS FOR SEED SOWING (SEED STARTING) IN A CONTAINER:
- Take a seedling tray with medium-sized cells
- Fill the cells/cups with a moist coco-peat medium.
- Hold the Cabbage seeds and sow 2-3 seeds per cell/cup. Since Cabbage seeds are small in size, do not sow them deeply.
- Just put the seeds on the surface of the medium & push each seed a little inside the medium by using pencil tip, so that seeds are not visible on the surface anymore & cover it with more coco-peat.
- Or make small, shallow depressions on medium with pencil bottom. Put the seed on that depression & sprinkle more coco-peat on the top to cover the seed.
- Keep the seedling tray indoors till the seeds germinate.
Covering: Keep the seed tray in a box or cover it with paper for the first 4-5 days to encourage faster seed germination.
- Water the seed cells with a spoon in the first week. Provide two tablespoons of water every day. Or keep the seed tray in another tray full of water for half an hour so that the water will be absorbed by the seed cells from the bottom, via drainage holes.
- If seedbeds are made outdoors, protect them from rain or direct sunlight. Use well sieved fine soil as a sowing medium & make a nice raised bed from it. Cover the bed by making a temporary roof of a plastic sheet. Water is in the form of a light shower using a watering can.
GROWTH STAGES OF CABBAGE PLANT:
- Sprouting Stage: Seeds will germinate within the first 6-8 days & tiny sprouts will be visible. Once seeds germinate, put the tray on an open partially sunny spot near the window. Don’t cover the tray anymore.
- Cotyledons: The first two leaves will emerge in the second week of germination. These are false leaves called as cotyledons
- First leaves: First leaves will emerge above cotyledons at the end of the second week.
- Seedling stage: Second week onwards, seedlings will start growing into a small plant. At this stage exposé the seedlings to more & more sunlight for leaf growth.
- Thinning: After the second week, keep only a single seedling per cell/cup. Cut off the weak, small & lagging seedlings with a pair of scissors.
- Transplantation:30 to 35 days after the seed sowing, your seedlings will be ready to transplant in container pots or raised beds.
- Choose a container with a minimum depth of 8 inches & bigger spread area (according to available space & your requirement) like big Trays or crates.
- Transplant the seedling along with root ball of a medium, without disturbing its roots.
HOW TO TAKE CARE FOR CABBAGE PLANT:
- Sunlight: Cabbage grows well under full sunlight in winter. So place your containers accordingly.
- Top Dressing: Apply balanced liquid fertilizer or a handful of vermicompost to each plant, every 15 days after transplantation.
- Plant care: Always look for the early signs of any insect/fungal/ any other infections. Spray appropriate medicines as soon as any symptoms of such diseases are spotted. Watch out for snails & slugs.
- Microgreens: If you plan to grow microgreens Cabbage, grow it indoors in flat containers. Sow-scatter the seeds in a crowded manner. You can harvest it in 10-15 days by uprooting baby plants.
- Harvesting: (100-110 days from seed sowing) 55 to 60 days after transplantation, ‘cabbage heads’ will be ready to harvest. You can get single cabbage per plant. Harvest the cabbage when it is full-sized, firm & solid.
|Selling Brand||Shop of Hydroponics|
|Country of Origin||India|
|Date First Available||20 August 2020|
|Dispatched in||24 Hours|
COVID-19 E-COMMERCE DELIVERY GUIDELINES
10 Days Returnable
Based on 0 reviews
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
- Image is for reference only. Product may vary in shape or appearance based on packing, light conditions, etc.
- Product Color May Slightly Vary Due To Photographic Lighting Sources Or Your Monitor Settings.
- For External Use Only. Non-edible
- Keep Away from children.
- Keep in a cool and shaded area with normal room temperature.
You may also like…
- Exotic Seeds, - Herbs Seeds, - Medicinal Seeds, All Seeds
Mustard Leaves Seeds
Full of peppery, delicious flavor, minimal calories, Mustard greens are the lightweight champs of superfoods! They are packed with vitamins, fiber, minerals, and phytonutrients. The slimming calorie count in these leafy greens makes them one of the most nutrient-dense foods on the planet.SKU: SOH5487FB8/13
- Vegetables Seeds, All Seeds
Ready for harvest in 50-55 days from sowing. Fruit color is deep green with heavy prickles on the fruits’ surface. Fruit length is 18-20 cm, Weight is 50-60 gm. The diameter of 5-5.5 cm. Less seeds in the fruit. Tolerant of pest & diseases. Fruits have good keeping quality.SKU: SOH5487FB8/31